Many of you all already know that we are total geography nerds and we love exploring world through our pretend play activities. We just love fun learning activities and adventures.
This time my mini voyager is all set to travel his world of imagination, as we are planning to go on world tour with our brand new buddy Shifu “Orboot”.
Shifu – Augmented Reality Globe – ORBOOT
Globe is the perfect learning aid to study the planet earth in 3D format.
Repeated use of globes can help kids to form exact mental maps with visual accuracy of the world around them. It help kids grasp political or physical geography quickly.
Children’s imagination has no boundaries, they just need inputs and they are ready to fly around the world. Fun learning geography activities help kids to develop the love for geography and nature.
We already have a couple of globes, countless maps, geography board games and jigsaw puzzles, Playshifu AR space flashcards in our house to do hands on geography activities.
How is Orboot (AR Globe) going to be different?
The Augmented Reality does bring a new dimension to this spherica model of Earth and it is perfect for bringing geography to life.
This globe can powerfully uplift the imagination in kids. Young kids can effortlessly learn from interactive experiences. Instead of becoming passive receiver, kids can become active participants and learners and they become more engaged in their own learning environment.
Orboot – 21st century interactive smart globe has been launched recently to enhance and deliver the same learning experience to children through more interesting and interactive way.
You can see how Merog is totally fascinated by this AR globe. He is thoroughly enjoying the Orboot experience.
About Orboot :
Using Orboot kids can learn amusing facts about all animals, climate, cultures, cuisines, monuments, natural wonders, maps, inventions and so much more for all the countries of the world. While studying Geography, we explore and learn about two main streams, ‘physical Geography’ and ‘Political Geography and Orboot covers both these streams.
Orboot brings the complete world into the real life magically, using AR technology through smartphone or tablet.
It is a revolutionary learning aid in which children can actually interact with the world and access all the information on finger tips.
What is inside the box :
Orboot is the one of the best educational toys we’ve got till now! We can call it as “Toy of the Year” in Merog’s case and arrived at the perfect time of the year when Christmas is just round the corner and we have lot of time to explore the whole world during our upcoming holidays.
So, the Orboot box contains,
- one 10″ colorful smart Globe
- Stamp embossed with an airplane
- A fun passport to stamp the explored places
- A guide book to help you
(SHIFU also has different boxes of AR flashcard games – like, Travel/Transportation, Animal SAFARI, JOB/PROFESSION etc. CHECK OUT HERE!)
Scanning of this physical globe using Orboot app
How does Orboot work?
- Orboot is a 10” fun and colorful smart globe.
- Download the Orboot app for free from Play Store & App Store.
- When particular part of this AR globe is scanned on an iPhone, iPad, android phones, tablets with Orboot app, the complete world comes to life and the activity becomes perfectly entertaining and educational for your kids.
- Content is divided into eight categories (Animals, Monuments, Maps,Inventions, Cuisines, Culture, Natural wonders and Climate which can be unlocked through in-app purchases.)
- The symbols on the globe pop up into real world with which kids can interact in different ways. Check out different features and categories in pictures below :
Things to discover with Orboot :
Interactive Activity : Bring the states together to see the topography of Brazil!
8. Climate : How’s the weather round the year? Abundant sunshine, rains galore or heavy snowfall?Interactive Activity : Move the slider across the year to see the weather!
- Using Shifu Orboot kids can explore the world through their senses and visual experiments both.
- After the screen time, kids can use this globe to tell stories or pretend play with them or play memory games. When kids can actually recall what they explored during their Shifu-Orboot screen time.
- When children are young they need CREATIVE VISUAL SUPPORT to grasp the concept easily. So, blend of virtual world and real world in learning can help children to utilize their interactive screen time productively.
- It perfectly bridges the gap between virtual world and real world for kids.
- This smart globe is engaging and it can ignite imagination in kids and help their young minds evolve with creativity and knowledge.
- It can be a great fun for kids and parents both, where they can actually communicate on the concept.
What we like about Shifu Orboot :
- Orboot has enriching content which is interesting and knowledgeable for kids as well as for parents.
- Light weight to carry anywhere easily. (That can be the disadvantage as well. Read it below)
- Dedicated Orboot App available in Apple Store and Google Play So, it is absolutely easy to install.
- It has innumerable detailed 3D models under 8 categories with amazing voice-overs and country specific (local) music which gives amazing interactive experience to kids.
- Orboot is the best solution for all my worries regarding the dedicated screen time I offer to my child everyday.
- It gives fun learning experience to young kids while exploring the world.
Areas of improvement :
- This globe can be little unsteady as it is light in weight.
- Needs lot of phone memory.
- Sometimes we need to restart the app if it doesn’t respond (especially while playing experiencing fun activities like checking climatic conditions of the places).
Age Recommendation :
For kids in the age group of 4-10 years.
MerogAndMom Rating :
Links to Buy PLAYSHIFU Orboot Online :
This friendly smart globe is a wonderful game which can take your kids and the whole family on world expedition.
So, go get your Orboot today! It’s totally educational!! Don’t let your child miss the super fun happening around his world.