Children’s Shampoo Review
There is something permanently nostalgic about your newborn’s soft skin, the perfect sleek/smooth hair and the heavenly (delicious ;)) fragrance of her body! As a mother to nature’s tiny wonder, we constantly try to restore these natural attributes of our little one’s body from day one :).
During the first three months of infancy, Baby hair tends to have a lot of sheen and they look naturally hydrated with extremely soft texture!! (How great would that be, if we could just cling to this state of hair for rest of our lives! ;))
But the fact is, Newborn’s longer exposure to amniotic fluid inside mother’s womb makes our baby’s hair look so shiny and hydrated. But, the case will not be the same once the baby is popped out!:(
So when Merog was born, my goal was to substitute and maintain moisture levels of his scalp. (Merog barely had hair on his head in 2nd and 3rd month of his babyhood :D, but suddenly he was a hairy baby from 4th month!)
I always avoided brands which were using nasty chemicals in their products! Needless to say, I had to be always careful while picking up shampoo for my little one’s hair care!
In the blink of my eye, my baby turned into a toddler! With this new current phase of his life, we really an easy hair care routine for him! And thanks to Mom-Bloggers-Club -India and SebaMed for sending us this Beautiful medicated Children’s shampoo for my boy(when we actually needed it! :)) !I was asked to review the Sebamed children’s shampoo after using it for my son. At first, I was a little hesitant to change Merog’s shampoo, but after reading about the product in detail (on the bottle, box…also, in a letter sent with the box)and I was quite sure to try this shampoo on my little one’s hair 🙂 (Although, I tested it on my hair first🙈 just to ensure that, it is not too harsh for my son. But it felt extremely mild and safe. So finally, I tried it on Merog!!) Now, I have been using sebamed shampoo for Merog, from past 2-3 weeks!
Sebamed is one of the world’s leading skincare brands from Germany with over 50 years of rich experience. They are specially made for delicate and sensitive skin.
The baby products from Sebamed have the following features:
- Developed and tested by dermatologists.
- Highly recommended by pediatricians in India.
- 100 % soap/alkali/ harsh chemicals free.
- Hypoallergenic ( that reduces the chances of allergy on baby’s skin 6 times than any other conventional products)
- Ideal choice for your baby’s skin care from Day 1.
- Promotes a healthy scalp for healthy hair growth.
- Helps restore pH level of baby scalp (human skin is slightly acidic. The pH value of the healthy skin is 5.5).
- Natural moisturizing agents protect against dryness and irritation.
- No-tear and non-irritating formula.
- Hair has a mild pleasant fragrance post wash
- Price for 150ml pack is Rs. 425/-
The Sebamed baby shampoo is also highly recommended for treating cradle cap.
The shampoo comes in nice and sturdy plastic bottle with pestal blue/pink and white shades on it . It doesn’t come with a pump but has a hole, you need to squeeze the bottle to let the product come out.
3 years from the date of packaging.
Texture & color
The texture is very smooth and consistency is not too thick or too runny. The color of the shampoo is transparent and little shiny!
Directions for use
Take couple of drops on your palm and shampoo your baby’s head gently with caressing strokes. The shampoo latheres up beautifully on the baby’s hair. The shampoo consistency is not too thick or too runny, so you can easily rub into your child’s hair. At last rinse your baby’s head with lot of clear water!
My Experience with SebaMed Tear-Proof Children’s Shampoo
We have been using this shampoo for the past 2-3 weeks. It smells soft and gentle. It lathers extremely well. So, really I don’t need to apply lot of shampoo on Merog’s head.
My boy doesn’t likes to get anything in his eyes,during bath-time! So, No-Tear formula of SebaMed shampoo is perfect for him. It is mild and gentle to my son’s scalp, hair, eyes and skin! Also, makes his hair super soft and shiny 🙂
- Simple and sturdy packaging
- shampoo bottle is easy to open and dispense the product
- Suitable for newborns
- Medicated product/ Recommended by Dermatologists
- Shampoo bottle, packaging box and the leaflet mentions everything about the product in detail
- No tears and no irritation even after the shampoo goes into babies eyes (by mistake).
- Though the Shampoo fragrance is mild and gentle, I miss natural sweet smell of Merog’s scalp/hair (But then I had tried fragrance free products for Merog during his Babyhood, which had always left dryness and roughness in his head)
- I will not say this is the cheapest deal you will get it in the maket, but the quality makes it worth buying.
- Would love to see the bottle with pump to easily dispense the shampoo while using it during my Dynamo’s bath time!
mEROG AND MOM Rating
I would definitely suggest all the mommies to try this Baby shampoo to give the best protection to the delicate scalp and fine hair of babies/children from birth to adolescence.
Read more about Sebamed Baby Products range here –http://www.sebamed.co.uk/
P.S : Though the product was sent to me by Moms Club of India and SebaMed for the review, all the thoughts and opinions written above are my own! 🙂